Prior to the Sri Lanka series selection meeting, concentrate on Rohit and Kohli
The national selectors have been assigned to the Ranji Trophy by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which would extend the lives of Chetan Sharma's selection committee for a few more days or a full week. Along with chairman Chetan, all three of them—Sunil Joshi, Debasis Mohanty, and Harvinder Singh—have been ordered to show up for the third round of Ranji matches, which got underway on Tuesday (December 27) at various locations.
The decision's clear meaning is that the departing panel will select the team for the Sri Lankan white-ball series, which will begin on January 3 in Mumbai. The committee meeting is anticipated to occur on Tuesday, and the announcement is anticipated within the following 24 hours.
The two seniors, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, will be the selection committee's main considerations. According to Cricbuzz, the captain's damaged thumb, which prevented him from playing in the Test series against Bangladesh, has not completely healed and that he needs additional recuperation. Additionally, it has been discovered that Kohli has asked for a break for the T20Is. The selectors' task can be made easier if they take a holiday or rest since they want to give fresh players a chance in the T20Is.
For the three-match series, the selectors want to remain with the experimental team, with Hardik Pandya taking on the leadership responsibilities he was given in New Zealand right after the World Cup in Australia. Ravindra Jadeja won't be available since he hasn't yet fully healed from his injury. But both Rohit and Kohli are anticipated to play in the ODI series, which is crucial because India will host the World Cup later in the year.
The four-day Ranji games' selectors may begin traveling to the designated centers on Day 2 because the BCCI's announcement was only made on Monday night. Joshi will be in Hyderabad, and Mohanty will travel to Mumbai for the game between Mumbai and Saurashtra. Singh and Chairman Sharma will be in Delhi. The selection committee meeting later in the day will be held online, as it makes sense given that the selectors are spread out across the nation.
Betting in cricket refers to the activity of making bets on the results of cricket matches or on specific player performances within a match. You can wager on the results of the matches played by the numerous professional cricket teams that take part in different leagues and competitions throughout the world. The following are a few of the most well-known cricket teams:
1. Australia: One of the top-ranked cricket teams in the world with a long record of success.
2. England: As the nation that gave birth to cricket, England has a rich heritage in the game.
3. India: A country with a great team that has continuously performed well in international games, India is a cricket-loving nation.
4. South Africa: A powerful group with an outstanding record in both Test and One Day International (ODI) cricket.
5. Pakistan: Pakistan's team is talented and unpredictable, and it is known for generating some of the best fast bowlers in the game.
6. New Zealand: With a powerful and well-balanced team, New Zealand consistently performs well in international cricket.
7. Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka is a successful international cricket team that is renowned for generating elite spin spinners.
8. West Indies: The West Indies are a cricket team with a long history. They have a great batting lineup and some of the top fast bowlers in the world.
9. Bangladesh: Bangladesh is a relatively new team in the realm of cricket, but it has made considerable strides in recent years.
10. Afghanistan: Afghanistan is a cricket team that has advanced quickly in recent years. Its players are talented, and it is renowned for generating excellent spin bowlers.
It is significant to note that while cricket betting is permitted in some nations, it is prohibited in others. Prior to engaging in any type of gambling, it is crucial to be aware of the rules and legislation in your country.
Rahul was pleased with India's effort in the triumph at Chattogram